Why you should join CLD:
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your commitment to your leadership role through the development and advancement of leadership skills.
- Network and build long lasting relationships with other municipal professionals.
- Discover your personality traits and how to incorporate those traits into your leadership style to become a more effective leader.
Who should join CLD:
- Anyone interested in community leadership: City Manager, Mayor, City Attorney, Clerks, Police, Fire, Code Enforcement, Finance, Public Works, HR, Engineer, IT, Court Clerk, Administrative Assistants, Library, Councilmember, Community Development, Planners, Economic Development, Parks and Recreation, Emergency Management and anyone interested in community leadership.
Where are the meeting locations:
- With a total of six meetings, we will travel to different cities throughout the state. Host cities will be announced shortly after the application deadline. This is an excellent opportunity to travel the state and see what other communities have to offer.
What is the cost:
- $500 plus your hotel and travel expenses, meals and entertainment will be provided by the host city.
OML takes great pride in training our members! Since 2012 OML has trained over 120 members through this exceptional program and is excited to form the 2018/2019 CLD Class 7. The focus of the program is specifically on equipping the participants with the skills and information they need to make a positive impact on local community and economic development. Participants in the Community Leadership Development program learn valuable skills in the areas of teamwork, community assessment and planning, economic development and tourism, and community renewal. We have a lot of fun and make great lasting relationships, all while learning and improving our leadership skills.
For more information about the OML Community Leadership Development program contact Cheryl Adams by email or at the OML Office at (405) 528-7515 or (800) 324-6651